How do I apply? How long does it take?
1. Contact Forest City Housing Coordinator by email, telephone, or on site during office hours to obtain an application form.
2. Pay a non refundable application fee of $25.00 per applicant. If the application is not accepted for membership the fee will not be refunded.
3. Provide complete thoroughly and provide proof of income.
All three of these items must be received by the co-op housing co-ordinator, before an application file is considered complete to forward for processing.
4. A credit check and reference check is completed by the housing co-ordinator and reviewed with members of the Board of Directors. Access to an applicants credit information is restricted by the co-op.
5. The membership committee or housing co-ordinator contacts the applicants to schedule an interview with all adult members above the age of majority who will be residing in the unit. Interview is approx. 1 hour.
6. The membership committee or housing coordinator makes a recommendation to the Board of Directors. The Board
meets to accept or reject the application.
7. The applicant is notified of acceptance status.
**Applications take approximately a week to process, however may be longer due to response, inquiries and collection of information
Original applications must be returned to Forest City Housing Co-op. Cash will not be accepted. Please pay application funds by certified cheque or money order.